The Kaivalya Yoga Method Advanced Level 200-Hour Teacher Training
Dates: October 9 – November 2, 2012
Times: 9 am – 7 pm, Monday – Friday (orientation Oct 9, 4 – 7 pm)
Location: New York, NY
Alanna Kaivalya – Founder of the Kaivalya Yoga Method
Lillee Chandra – Yoga Tune Up®
Ghena Grinshpun – Applied Anatomy
Manorama – Sanskrit Studies
Joel Lambdin – Nada Yoga and Kirtan
Chanelle Schaffer – Voice and Sound
Gabrielle White Wolf – Operations Director
“If you have learnt something really well, then the way you express it will not be the same way you learned it.” – Krishnamacharya
THE KAIVALYA YOGA METHOD
The Kaivalya Yoga Method has been formulated after over a decade of dedicated study and research and teaching experience. It is a comprehensive compilation of the fundamentals of yoga directed at creating teachers who can translate this ancient practice for a modern-day audience while staying true to yoga’s highest aim.
As a graduate, you will receive:
• A top-quality, advanced level education that exceeds Yoga Alliance standards of training, and is designed to empower today’s teachers to intelligently work with and inspire students
• Personalized training by master teachers in the fields of Anatomy, Philosophy, Teaching Methodology, Sanskrit and more
• One-on-one instruction in an environment committed to learning, development and real integration of skills
• A comprehensive in-depth manual
• 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher certification from Yoga Alliance.
Anatomy and Physiology
Practice and Applied Anatomy with direct focus on it’s application to yoga practice and working intelligently with students
Yoga Tune-Up approach to understanding and applying anatomy and physiology to hands-on work with students (led by Lillee Chandra)
Subtle Anatomy including extensive work with the chakra system for aligning the energetic body
Traditional and Contemporary Yoga Philosophy
Yoga Philosophy including: Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita, yogic myth from the Ramayana, Mahabbharata, Upanishadic & Puranic texts
Sanskrit (illuminated by Manorama)
Intelligent Sequencing based on the Ashtanga Vinyasa system
Skilled, safe and effective hands-on adjustments
Successful teaching skills including: vocal training and concise cueing
Non-Violent Communication Techniques
Yoga and Sound
Music/Kirtan/Chant (assisted by Joel Lambdin & guests)
Month Program: October 9 – November 2, 2012
Orientation is 4 – 7pm on October 9, and the program completes on the evening of November 2.
Sample Daily Schedule
9 am – 11:30 am: Kaivalya Method yoga class and/or student teaching practice
12:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Teaching Methodology and Practicum (work on hands-on adjustments, sequencing, teaching techniques or anatomy)
4 pm – 7 pm: Lecture (including subtle anatomy, philosophy, mythology, successful cueing or chanting)
PREREQUISITES FOR APPLYING
• At least 2 years of a consistent yoga practice (ideally vinyasa-based)
• Good physical and mental health
• Completion of another 200 hour yoga certification program or prior authorization by Alanna Kaivalya
PREREQUISITES OF THE COURSE (UPON ACCEPTANCE)
• 12 classes of Iyengar Yoga with a Certified Iyengar Instructor (proof of attendance required)
• One full moon cycle of Mysore Ashtanga practice (proof of attendance required)
• Two 750 word book reports: One on The Yoga Sutras (translation by Edwin Bryant), one on the Bhagavad Gita (translation by Ecknath Easwaran)
NOTE: For students who are registering close to the training start date, please contact us for modified arrangements for the prerequisites.
Required Reading List:
• The Yoga Sutras, translation & commentary by Edwin Bryant
• Ashtanga Yoga: Practice and Philosophy by Gregor Maehle
• Bhagavad Gita, 3 part series (The End of Sorrow, Like a Thousand Suns, To Love is to Know Me) by Ecknath Easwaran
• Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel, 4th Edition
• Myths of the Asanas by Alanna Kaivalya & Arjuna Van Der Kooij
• How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
• The Hatha Yoga Pradipika, translation & commentary by Swami Muktibodhananda
• Light on Yoga by B. K. S. Iyengar
• Various books by Joseph Campbell (Power of Myth, Heroes with a Thousand Faces; highly recommended, audiobooks and lectures available on Itunes)
• Loving What Is by Byron Katie
• Various books by Marshall Rosenberg
• Mysticism of Music and Sound by Hazrat Iniat Kan
• Attendance is required at every single session of the training. Make-up hours will not be offered. Please make sure you are able to attend all sessions before registering for the training.
YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFICATION
The Kaivalya Yoga Method curriculum is designed to exceed the standards of a 200 hour certification. Hours may be credited towards 200 hour certification, or applied as Continuing Education hours, which count towards registering as Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) through Yoga Alliance.
The Kaivalya Yoga Method Teacher Training Program fee is $4500, and includes:
• Full Tuition for Yoga Alliance Certified 200 hour Kaivalya Yoga Method Program
• The Kaivalya Yoga Method Teacher Training Manual
• The Kaivalya Yoga Method Asana Manual
• Supplementary Materials from Faculty, including the Yoga TuneUp Manual, Yoga TuneUp Therapy Balls, Sutra Books, etc.
• Any mandatory events during the training
Travel, food and accommodations are additional and not included.
Please note – space is very limited, early registration strongly advised.
Early Bird Discount (Application and Full Fees received by June 1st): $4100 (Discount of $400).
Installment Plans are available; please see Application Packet (below) for more details.
If a trainee withdraws from the course for any reason:
• More than 30 days prior to the start of the training, he/she will receive full refund of the Training balance minus the deposit.
• 30-15 days, 50% of the Training balance.
• 1-14 days prior to the start of the Training, or after the course begins, he/she will receive no refund.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the program:
1. Download the application form (see below).
2. Complete all parts of the application, including the deposit. Upon submission of the Application, the initial deposit of $1000 (which includes an Application Processing fee) will hold your place in the training program. In an event that the application is not accepted, the deposit will be refunded minus the Processing fee ($50).
3. On receipt and approval of the application, you’ll receive an Introductory Packet with helpful information, and you can begin the prerequisite reading and practice.
4. Full tuition is due no later than September 15. If payment is not received by the deadline, your space may be made available to someone on the waiting list.
Download The Kaivalya Yoga Method Application and Enrollment Agreement NYC
(Oct 2012) here: Pick the version best suited for your requirements below.
For more information, or to register for the program,
please contact Gabrielle at firstname.lastname@example.org